Products submitted for consideration must be samples of those primarily available to the general public.
Only products that have been submitted for judging by the publisher will be considered for nominations. However, authors, artists, and other contributors to products, as well as fans, are allowed to enter products that meet all the submission requirements, provided:
- They supply the required number of copies.
- They include proof the publisher does not object to the entry of the product.
The judges reserve the right to dispose of all products entered (upon completion of the judging) as they deem appropriate. The sixth copy of each entry shall be used as a library copy for reference by the Board of Directors during judging, and may be disposed of under the same provisions as the judge’s copies.
ONLY products released between May 1, 2013 and April 30, 2014 will be considered valid submissions.
You may submit either a print copy of your product or an electronic copy of your product, but not both.
To enter, please do the following:
- Fill out the online submission form whether you are shipping products or submitting them electronically.
- Read through the rest of this page.
- If submitting an electronic product, send it to email@example.com with the following guidelines:
- If your total attachment size is under 20MB, attach your product to the email directly.
- If your total attachment size exceeds 20MB, or your product requires an .exe file to operate, include a hyperlink in your email which will link directly to the content to be downloaded. Make sure that product for download is immediately visible. Judges should not have to search for the submissions.
- Podcasts and Blogs: You must send a link to your site and specify one “must-hear” episode or one “must-read” article/issue. The judges will select another “must-hear” episode or one “must-read” article/issue that they all listen to/read. Each judge will then select another episode/article/issue.
- Microblogs are not eligible for entry.
Print Products: Ready and ship six copies of each product. Pre-made address labels can be found here. We need six copies of each title: one for each judge and one for the “6th Copy” which is used as reference material for the Board of Directors during the judging period, for display purposes at Gen Con Indy, and possibly for fund raising purposes.
Note: One of the judge’s addresses will be changing some time in November. As soon as we find out the new address, we’ll update the labels. In the meantime, if you’re planning on shipping in November, please verify the addresses with our Submissions Coordinator Hans Cummings.
Any package with a postmark past May 8th, 2014, will not be accepted. Any e-submission received after May 8th, 2014, will also not be accepted.
Publishers who have already sent a review copy to an ENnies judge for review do not need to send an additional copy.
THE FINE PRINT: Please note that all six of the copies of the product submitted be the ENnies must be the same as the versions largely available to the public. For example, if two judges received a pre-release review copy of a book at Gen Con, that publisher need only send out four more copies – one for the “6th Pile”, and three to the other judges. If the only difference between the pre-release edition of the book and the full release is something that could be easily rectified, for example the pre-release was missing a map, then the publisher can make up the difference by supplying said map; they needn’t send out an entirely new copy of the whole book. If however the publisher put out a Deluxe Edition of the book, if they wish that edition to be considered, they must supply six copies of the Deluxe Edition of the book.